The Tenable integration tells you which hosts on your enterprise network are either undefended by Tenable or unknown to Lumeta. By comparing Lumeta's comprehensive index of all your network devices against that subset of network devices managed by Tenable, you can generate a list of network hosts that are not managed in the Tenable SecurityCenter and then push that information to an asset group on the Tenable SecurityCenter server. What's pulled from Tenable to Lumeta is only what you request, and not an exhaustive collection of all the device details and attributes that Tenable manages. This enables Lumeta to scan the network device attributes of value to you, and not all the rest.
How Does It Work?
- Lumeta queries the Tenable SecurityCenter and retrieves its inventory of devices under management. This data feed is stored on Lumeta's database in the tenable_managed_hosts table.
- Lumeta correlates this inventory against its own authoritative index of IP address space.
- Lumeta data is also pushed to the Tenable SecurityCenter and stored in an asset group.
- Lumeta highlights the commonalities and differences into views:
- Lumeta-only IPs: IP addresses Lumeta knows about, but are unmanaged by Tenable
- Tenable-only IPs: IP addresses Tenable knows about, but are unknown to Lumeta (e.g., if Lumeta does not have access to a network or an off-network device, but Tenable is still aware of the client agent)
- Tenable- & Lumeta-Managed IPs: IP addresses both Lumeta and Tenable know about.
This information is available in Lumeta via the Tenable SecurityCenter Management Dashboard dashboard.
Configuring the Tenable Feed
Configure the Tenable feed as follows:
- On Lumeta's main menu, browse to Settings > Integrations > Other Solutions > Tenable.
- Enable the threat feed by toggling the slider to On.
- Input a Polling Interval to indicate the time that should elapse between fetching the latest feed data. Input 24 to poll daily, input 12 to poll twice a day, and so on. The minimum polling interval is 1 hour.
- Input the IP address of your Tenable server.
- Input your customer Username.
- Click Submit.
The feed of data from Tenable SecurityCenter to Lumeta is configured. If you see the messages "Configuration saved" and "Product configured properly," then all is well.
In the Tenable SecurityCenter
To confirm that Lumeta-discovered data has been pushed to Tenable SecurityCenter . . .
- Log in to the Tenable server using the same credentials you used to configure the integration in Lumeta.
- On the SecurityCenter main menu, click Assets.
- This is the Lumeta Asset List within Tenable SecurityCenter.
- To manually edit the static list of IPs that came from Lumeta, click the Lumeta Asset List group.
Disabling Session Management in Tenable SecurityCenter
If you see the following error when logging into Tenable, disable Session Management. Disabling Session Management Setting on your Tenable SecurityCenter is recommended.
To disable session management:
- Log into the Tenable SecurityCenter as a user who has system settings access.
- Navigate to Systems, Configuration, and then to Security.
The Authentication Settings will be listed.
- Scroll down to Allow Session Management
- Clear the Allow Session Management option, and click Submit.