Old Version 2
New Version Current
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
- What is the value of having Lumeta products in my network? Lumeta Lumeta provides network situational awareness–a term that encapsulates the idea of maintaining a continuous vigilance over a network for the purpose of keeping it secure. Toward this end, Lumeta
Gives you comprehensive index of devices and connections on your network.
It notifies you when network enclaves intended to be isolated are actually sending or receiving traffic.
It notifies you when data is inappropriately exfiltrated to the Internet or infiltrated from the Internet.
It detects and reports on cybersecurity breaches
I reports network vulnerabilities
- How do I access what is happening in my network? Access and understand what's happening in your network via Lumeta's reports, dashboards, maps, and queries.
- Is Lumeta database updated with new virus/vulnerability information periodically? And if so, how is that pushed to IPsonar/Lumeta? The Lumeta Admin sets a polling frequency for each type of virus/vulnerability when her or she subscribes to the feed. The database itself, which we call a Candidate Pool, is refreshed every 5 minutes. Lumeta itself, and the operating system on which it is built, are continuously updated, upticked, and security patches are applied. These are bundled and made available to premium customers on a monthly basis. Regular customers receive all the same updates, but not as frequently. All the monthly CVE updates are bundled into the next "whole-number" release.
- How do we perform Traffic Analysis? Netflow traffic is recursively cycled through passive, active, and targeted indexing, all of which yields a rich cache of data on the precise swath of network you specify in a Target list. Lumeta analyzes the data by accumulating details. It then providing you with views into that accumulated data in the form of reports, maps, and dashboards. You can read the standard reports, which anticipate the likely needs of Network Operations, Network Security, and Compliance teams. Or you can generate SQL queries using Lumeta's Advanced Query Builder that enables you to filter and retrieve network information that meets your unique criteria.
- How does Lumeta help find man-in-the-middle attacks? In computer security, a man-in-the-middle attack is an attack where the attacker secretly relays and possibly alters the communication between two parties who believe they are directly communicating with each other. In the context of Lumeta, devices capable of participating in man-in-the middle attacks can be identified via Leak Path Detection (LD) or Enhanced Perimeter Discovery (EPD).
- What real-time vulnerability can you show me? To see a real-time vulnerability, browse to
- How do I find nefarious ports open on my network?
- What is Leak Discovery giving me?
- Once I find a device being compromised, how do I mitigate the attack?
- Can you access network vulnerability for me?