The Lumeta integration with Splunk is now certified and available in the Splunk marketplace. The Lumeta application supports Splunk dashboards and visualizations by providing Lumeta-discovered network data via syslog and REST APIs. Splunk must be version 8.01 or later.
- Download the Lumeta application file (attached to this page) and plug-in from Splunk (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps/#/search/lumeta/) to your local system: :
- Unzip them.
Now you are ready to perform the installation in Splunk.
Installing the Lumeta Application in Splunk
To install the Lumeta plug-in to Spunk:
- Log in to your Splunk server.
- Select the Manage Apps (gear) icon.
- In the upper right corner, click Install App from File.
- Browse to TA-lumeta.? and upload it.
- When prompted, click Restart Now.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6, this time with lumeta-app. You will not need to restart the system with lumeta-app upload.
Lumeta Apps display.
Configuring the Lumeta Application in Splunk
- On the Apps menu, select Lumeta to manage its data inputs.
- Click Create New Input.
- Complete the form
- Name the input. It's a good idea to include the Command Center IP and Port number (9997) in the input name.
- The polling Interval is in seconds
- The Index is lumeta
Add the Lumeta URL:
IF the Command Center is in. . . THEN . . . Example A cloud network (e.g., AWS, Azure) Supply Public IP of Command Center An on-premises/private network Supply the firewall address https://188.8.131.52/api/rest/report/savedQuery
The connection is made and the new input is added to the list:
Select Action > Enable to power on the connection.
View Select syslog Data
To search syslog data from Lumeta in Splunk:
- On the Splunk Apps page, select Lumeta App for Splunk.
- Select the Search tab (if you are not there already).
- Enter your search criteria. Examples follow:
- now combine all 3 into one search
- index=lumeta sourcetype=”lumeta_log_parser” source=”tcp:9997”