Lumeta Enterprise Edition 22.214.171.124 and later provides the capability to ingest and push data about your network devices to and from Rapid 7 via API.
How It Works
Lumeta creates an asset group on the Rapid7 server that is either zone specific or global, depending on user's configuration. A Lumeta zone called "ZoneX," for example, will create an asset group in Rapid7 called "Lumeta ZoneX."
Lumeta pushes IP addresses to Rapid7. Rapid7 then populates asset groups within its environment.
Configuring the Rapid Feed in Lumeta
To configure the Rapid 7 integration:
- On Lumeta's main menu, browse to Settings > Integrations > Other Solutions > Rapid 7.
- Enable the feed by clicking the Off slider.
The label changes from Off to On. To disable the feed while leaving the credentials in place, click the slider to the Off position.
- Input a Polling Interval to indicate the time that should elapse between fetching the latest feed data. Input 24 to poll daily, input 12 to poll twice a day, and so on.
- Input the IP address or system name of your Rapid 7 server.
- Input your Rapid 7 credentials.
- To connect on specific port, input the desired port number in Security Console Port. Otherwise, leave the default port, 3780.
- Indicate whether you would like to publish data to a Rapid7 site:
- Push all - By default (i.e., with the Asset Mapping by Zone checkbox cleared), assets for all zones will be pushed to the single site called "Lumeta Global" in Rapid7.
Push some - If you would like to push only some zone details to Rapid7, select the Asset Mapping by Zone checkbox, and in addition check those zones you want to push. A site named for each selected zone will be created in Rapid7.
Rapid7 is actively working to resolve an issue that prevents the programmatic creation of sites on the Rapid7 server. As a work around, please create sites directly using the Rapid7 user interface for the zones you need to push to Rapid7. Create the site with “Lumeta <zone name>" such as "Lumeta 3_Collectors"
- Push none - If you don't want to push any data to Rapid7, check Asset Mapping by Zone and clear all the zone checkboxes.
- Click Submit.
The configuration is saved. Devices ingested from Rapid7 are stored in the "rapid7_managed_hosts" table.
Specifying a Port in Rapid7
To set a port in Rapid7, change the web server port on the Security Console Configuration page.