It never hurts to back up your work! This page describes how to export a dashboard widget. It also covers how to export the metadata associated with user-created dashboard widgets and user-created reports. The exports go to Data Definition Language (DDL) formatted files. In the event of a system failure during an upgrade, your Solutions Architect can use this file to recover the dashboard widgets and reports you created. Lumeta recommends generating this file before upgrades, especially if you create or update dashboards or custom reports frequently. Store the backup DDL files in a safe place.
Exporting a Dashboard Widget
To export a dashboard widget:
- Hover your mouse over any dashboard widget to display the toolbar.
- Click the Export icon to export the widget to CSV, JSON, or NDJSON formatted file.
Exporting a Report Widget
- In Reports > Real-Time Reports, select a report to export.
- Click the Export icon
- Select the file format to which you want the report generated.
- Click Export.
- Save the report to your system.